Carpets breed dirt and germs that exacerbate allergies when not taken care of properly. This is where A&P Cleaning Services excels. Through modern machinery, we have the capability to clean even the most stubborn carpets.
How It Works
Our carpet cleaning method employs what is known as hot water extraction, also referred to as steam cleaning or shampooing. During this process, high heat and high pressure works simultaneously with our specially formulated alkaline pre-spray and spotters to clean even the most hard to clean spots. During the cleaning, our truck-mounted carpet cleaning machine emits an acid-base rinse to neutralize the pre-spray and spotters, resulting in a neutral pH carpet. Using both an alkaline and acid solution attracts all types of dirt while balancing the two out following cleaning keeps the carpet cleaner for longer.
- The carpeted area is thoroughly vacuumed to remove any loose debris.
- The pre-spray and spotters are applied to the carpet and any stained areas.
- A carpet rake is then used to loosen the compressed dirt in the carpet.
- Our truck-mounted cleaner begins cleaning the carpet. This machine comes with two separate lines that hook directly to our truck outside. The first contains the water and solution rinse while the other is a vacuum that removes the water and dirt from the carpet.
- Extra vacuuming is done without the liquid solution to remove excess liquid from the carpet and expedite drying.
- For an extra fee, our Air Movers can be brought in the further speed up the carpet drying process.
- The carpet rake is used one more time to stand the carpet fibers so they do not dry incorrectly.
- For an extra fee, we can apply Scotchgaurd to the cleaned area.